Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Love Life: #EyelashWin


How to Win with False Eyelashes
New Years Eve saw a remarkable achievement for me – I won against a pair of false eyelashes. When I say ‘won’, what I mean is that I ended up with the eyelashes on my eyelids, where they stayed put for the entire evening, rather than glued to my finger, on the floor, or on my cheek.
I’ve attempted false eyelash application on several occasions previously and never managed to get it right, so what did I do differently this time? Here are my top tips for luscious lashes:
1)     Take Your Time
When it comes to getting ready for an evening out, work and family mean that many of us don’t have as much time as we would like. This means that we end up getting flustered when it comes to the ‘fiddly bits’ like applying false eyelashes, and if you start to panic then it’s well and truly game over.
2)     Go Easy on the Glue
If you’re too heavy handed with your eyelash glue then you’ll end up with a gloopy mess that slides around on your eyelid. Apply the tiniest amount of glue to the lashline using a cocktail stick, and then leave for a minute to go ‘tacky’. This makes the lash much easier to apply as it will grip your eyelid instantly.
3)     Go Heavy on the Mascara
Even if your falsies aren’t perfectly positioned, mascara can merge them with your own lashes and hide a multitude of sins, for a natural, yet enhanced look.
Give these tips a go for perfect fluttery lashes on your next big evening out - and look like me, below :) I used Eylure BTW - and you can get them from Boots or (apparently, according to a friend in the know) Home Bargains.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2642853785497&set=t.711620941&type=1&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment